|Website||ArcGIS Pro Product page|
Similar to ArcMap, ArcCatalog, ArcScene and ArcGlobe, ArcGIS Pro is an application that belongs to ArcGIS for Desktop and is included in with the ArcGIS 10.3 for Desktop product. ArcGIS Pro by Esri improves the GIS experience by assisting ArcGIS for Desktop to perform faster and is used to create and analyze data in 2D and 3D. The brand new 64-bit desktop application is an essential upgrade for the ArcMap in developing and analyzing spatial data. 
Starting Up ArcGIS Pro
ArcGIS Pro is a free application however; it is only accessible for clients that have the ArcGIS for Desktop license and are current on maintenance. The three main stages of starting up are the installation, authorization and updates.
- Download and install ArcGIS Pro: Download ArcGIS Pro and any other necessary application, for example the Offline Help. Install the ArcGIS Pro application first and then work through the other downloads.
- Authorization of ArcGIS Pro: Launching the ArcGIS application for the first time will prompt the Sign In box to appear. Key in the credentials obtained the organization in charge via ArcGIS online or the ArcGIS Portal.
- Updating ArcGIS Pro: ArcGIS Pro is enabled with auto-updates depending on the regularity of the new patches.
Licensing ArcGIS Pro
There are three types of licenses for ArcGIS Pro which are similar to the ArcGIS for Desktop. They are Basic, Standard and Advanced. Their complexity and functions increase from Basic to Advanced. ArcGIS Pro licenses are managed by the administrator of the client company via ArcGIS Online and Portal for ArcGIS. The administrator configures/revokes licenses for users and sets the ArcGIS Pro system accordingly. License details and regulations for ArcGIS Pro can be viewed on the ArcGIS Online site, Portal for ArcGIS website or in the Field Guide to Esri Licensing.
ArcGIS Pro will only run via the Windows operating system (OS) on desktop. The recommended OS would be either Windows 8.1, Pro, and Enterprise (64 bit [EM64T]) or Windows 8, Pro, and Enterprise (64 bit [EM64T]).  The recommended hardware to run this application are:
- CPU speed: Quad Core
- Platform: x64 with SSE2 extensions
- RAM: 8GB
- Display properties: 24-bit
- Screen resolution: 1024 x 768 pixels
- Disk space: 6 GB
- Graphic Adapter: DirectX 11 (OpenGL 3.2)—compatible card with 2 GB RAM
ArcGIS Pro Main Features
- Projects: ArcGIS Pro transforms all entries into projects, maintaining organized and standardized work. This project feature is comprised of a vast number of project templates catering for a wide variety of needs.
- Data visualization: ArcGIS Pro contains a rich library of maps and layer types. With its new 64-bit support system, multiples maps and layers can be viewed simultaneously. Even better, these maps and layers can be viewed in 2D and 3D.
- Analysis and geoprocessing: Analysis and geoprocessing grants advanced and quick spatial analysis along with automated GIS data management.
- Manage geographic data: The 2D and 3D data feature in ArcGIS Pro provides a better perspective when it comes to managing and editing data. Besides simultaneously editing multiple layers and maps, ArcGIS Pro grants feature customization and creation.
- Share: Via ArcGIS Pro, share everything from entire projects to tools with anyone and any organizations. Sharing can be done either though packaging or publishing. 
Advantages of ArcGIS Pro
ArcGIS Pro was released with ArcGIS 10.3 for Desktop but is compatible with all the previous versions of ArcGIS for Desktop and all such data can be imported into the software can be used. ArcGIS Pro is a 64-bit multithreaded application, making it fast and powerful. The 3D and 2D visualization along with its multiple layout support allows simultaneous, effective work.
- ↑ “” ESRI ArcGIS Pro. Accessed 13th April 2015
- ↑ “” ESRI ArcGIS Pro Licensing. Accessed 13th April 2015
- ↑ “” ArcGIS Pro System Requirements. Accessed 13th April 2015
- ↑ “” ArcGIS Pro Helps You Get Work Done Faster. Accessed 13th April 2015