ArcScan for ArcGIS
|Operating system||Windows, Solaris, Linux|
|Website||ArcScan for ArcGIS overview|
ArcScan for ArcGIS is an extension to ArcGIS Desktop that provides a set of tools for raster-to-vector data conversion. ArcScan allows you to create line and/or polygon vector features directly from raster images by interactively tracing the image. ArcScan also provides batch vectorization capabilities to create vector features from a selected area or the entire image.
ArcScan provides simple raster editing tools to erase or fill in areas of the raster prior to performing batch conversion to increase efficiency and minimize postprocessing. ArcScan is included with ArcInfo and ArcEditor, and it can be licensed for ArcView.
With ArcScan for ArcGIS you can:
- Create shapefile or geodatabase line and polygon features directly from raster images.
- Perform interactive or batch mode raster-to-vector data conversion.
- Clean up unwanted parts of a raster image prior to batch vectorization.
- Use raster snapping capabilities to make interactive tracing more accurate and efficient.
- Select groups of raster cells by querying for connected areas.