|Headquarters||London, Kyiv, Ukraine, and Menlo Park, CA, USA|
|Key people||Steve Coast|
CloudMade is a company which produces APIs, rendered maps, and geographic-related services. Unlike many other companies in the same field, CloudMade uses exclusively Creative Commons-licensed OpenStreetMap data, and was cofounded by the founder of OpenStreetMap, Steve Coast. Many of its products compete with Google Maps by providing APIs for web sites, applications, and devices to use the rendered map data.
CloudMade's Style Editor allows users to edit the color scheme and layers visible in web-accessible maps - allowing customization that Google Maps, Yahoo Maps, and other large-scale competitors have not provided. CloudMade has announced that it soon will be sharing revenue with API users who accept location-based advertising on their maps.
CloudMade is distributed between London, Kyiv, Ukraine, and Menlo Park, CA.
- February 2009 — CloudMade launched its platform to mobile and web developers and signed up over 2,000 developers since.
- The British newspaper, The Guardian recently launched a new site built using CloudMade mapping and geo services.
- May 2009 — Useful Networks announced their mapNinja app for the iPhone supports out-of-box connectivity to four different mapping providers including CloudMade.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 Business Wire (2009-03-31, 03:07 PM EDT). "Geo Industry Veteran Marc Prioleau Joins CloudMade as CEO". Forbes.com. http://www.forbes.com/feeds/businesswire/2009/03/31/businesswire122669564.html. Retrieved 2009-05-09.
- ↑ test
- Ookaboo uses maps from the CloudMade API