RemoteViews front page with links to help and changelogs.
|Original author(s)||Overwatch Geospatial Systems (then Sensor Systems)|
|Developer(s)||Overwatch Geospatial Systems|
|Initial release||1996/1997 (ver 2.0 first production release)|
|Stable release||3.0.3 / February 2009|
RemoteView, is the family name of a group of software programs designed to aid in remote sensing using satellite or aerial images of the Earth's surface. It is published by Overwatch Geospatial Systems (previously Sensor Systems), a subsidiary of Textron Corporation. Due to the range of customers using the program, is written for both Microsoft Windows and Unix operating systems.
RemoteView (RV) originally was written only for Unix operating systems, but with the move by US Department of Defense and commercial customers to Windows OS, it became prudent to release a Windows version as well. RV's main function is as an Imagery and Geospatial Analysis tool. It can display a wide array of imagery formats, elevation data sets, and vector data sets. These data sources allow a user to analyze information that can be depicted in a geospatial venue.
RemoteView for Windows comes in two versions, RemoteView Desktop, and RemoteView Professional. RemoteView Desktop is primarily an entry-level imagery exploitation and analysis solution, for focusing on a single image at a time or reviewing the results of another analyst's work. RemoteView Professional is the flagship product offering a greater number of tools and capabilities. Additionally, there are modules that can be purchased to extend the program to specialized tasks. These include:
- Virutal Mosaic - a tool for quickly joining more than 4 adjacent or overlapping images
- iGeoPos - for more accurate geo-positioning than the base RPC coordinate derivation.
- RV3D Fly-Thru - for one click terrain visualization; allows for recording flight paths and moving around the image from any viewpoint
- RV3D Pro - functions are same as the 3D Fly-Thru, adding the ability to extrude buildings and create threat domes
- Feature Analyst - Automates feature extraction. Software learns how to find features in an image, identifies and creates shapefiles
- Map Composer ToolKit - provides tools for creating hardcopy image based map products.
- ↑ "About Overwatch". http://www.geospatial.overwatch.com/ow_about_overwatch.html. Retrieved 2008-08-05.
- ↑ "RemoteView Desktop". http://www.geospatial.overwatch.com/prod_remot_desk.html. Retrieved 2008-08-05.
- ↑ "RemoteView Pro". http://www.geospatial.overwatch.com/ow_prod_rvpro_win.html. Retrieved 2008-08-05.
- ↑ "Virtual Mosaic". http://www.geospatial.overwatch.com/ow_prod_mosaic.html. Retrieved 2008-08-05.
- ↑ "iGeoPos". http://www.geospatial.overwatch.com/ow_prod_tigeo_pos.html. Retrieved 2008-08-05.
- ↑ "RV3d Fly-Thru". http://www.geospatial.overwatch.com/ow_prod_3_dflythru.html. Retrieved 2008-08-05.
- RemoteView Information page at Overwatch
- Overwatch Support Forums - Requires Customer Authentication